Thursday, March 12, 2009

ഌ CHRISTIE, Yellow River|San Bernadino

"Yellow River" is a popular song recorded by the British band, Christie and the song was written by band leader Jeff Christie. It was released in May 1970, and it became a massive international hit, reaching #1 on the UK singles chart for a single week in June 1970. It also reached #23 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in the US accumulating more weeks than any other entry on the chart completely inside 1970.

The song is the thoughts of a young man whose time in the army is over and he is looking forward to returning to his home town in the country on Yellow River, Iowa . The British video had the group on a barge sailing down the River Thames through London.[wikipedia]



"Put my gun down, the war is won
Fill my glass high, the time has come
I'm goin' back to the place that I love, Yellow River
Yellow River, Yellow River, is in my mind and in my eyes
Yellow River, Yellow River, is in my blood, it's the place I love..."

No comments: