Monday, February 16, 2009

இ BOBBY VEE, Susie Baby|What Do You Want|Rubber Ball|More Than I Can Say|One Last Kiss|Take Good Care Of..|Run To Him|The Nite Has A Thousand Eyes|

Bobby Vee (born Robert Thomas Velline, April 30 1943, Fargo, North Dakota, United States) is an American pop music singer. As a child Bobby spent summers on the Tuomala Family Farm in Perth, North Dakota, with his cousins. He lived in Beverly Hills, California, for decades, but relocated to St. Cloud, Minnesota, and later to nearby St. Joseph. 



His first single was "Suzie Baby", an original song penned by Vee which nodded towards Buddy Holly's "Peggy Sue" for the Minneapolis-based Soma Records in 1959; it drew enough attention and chart action to be purchased by Liberty Records, which signed him to their label later that year.





His follow-up single, a cover of Adam Faith's UK Number 1 "What Do You Want?" charted in the lower reaches of Billboard in early 1960; however, it was his fourth release, a revival of The Clovers' doo-wop ballad "Devil or Angel", that brought him into the big time with U.S. Buyers. His next single, "Rubber Ball", was the record that made him an international star.



Vee was also a pioneer in the music video genre, appearing in several musical motion pictures as well as in the Scopitone series of early film-and-music jukebox recordings. He is a 1999 inductee of the North Dakota Roughrider Award.

MORE THAN I CAN SAY
Wo-oh yay yay
Love you more than I can say
I’ll love you twice as much tomorrow
Wo-oh, love you more than I can say

Wo-oh yay yay
I miss you every single day
Why must my life be filled with sorrow
Wo-oh, love you more than I can say

*Don’t you know I need you so
Tell me please, I gotta know
Do you mean to make me cry
Am I just another guy

**Wo-oh yay yay
Love you more than I can say
I’ll love you twice as much tomorrow
Wo,oh, love you more than I can say

*

**




According to Billboard magazine Vee has had 38 Hot 100 chart hits, 10 of which hit the Top 20. He is a 1999 inductee of the North Dakota Roughrider Award.






Vee married Karen Bergen of Detroit Lakes, MN, in December 1963, and fathered three sons and a daughter. He is still active and touring internationally as a performer as of 2008, along with his backup band, The Vees, which includes his two elder sons, Jeff and Tommy Vee. His youngest son, Robby Vee, is also a recording and performing artist. Bobby Vee is a recipient of the state of North Dakota's Roughrider Award and his contribution to the genre has been recognized by the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.




Vee recently concluded a long running engagement at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater in Branson, Missouri. He performed in the 8:00pm 'Original Stars at American Bandstand' show along with Fabian, Chris Montez, Brian Hyland, and The Chiffons.In October 2007 he was on tour performing in 'The Last of the Big Rock Shows' along with Lesley Gore and Billy "Crash" Craddock in Australia. [wikipedia]

No comments: