Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ø PETER AND GORDON, A World Without Love|Nobody I Know|I Don't Want To See U Again|WomanIGo To Pieces|Lady Godiva|

Peter and Gordon, formed by duo Peter Asher and Gordon Waller, began their music career in 1964,  rocketed to fame with "A World Without Love" and amassed nine Top 20 records (three of them gold) during their career.  


A WORLD WITHOUT LOVE
Please lock me away
And don't allow the day
Here inside where I hide
With my loneliness
I don't care what they say I won't stay
In a world without love
Birds sing out of tune
And rain clouds hide the moon
I'm OK, here I'll stay
With my loneliness
I don't care what they say I won't stay
In a world without love
*So I wait and in a while
I will see my true love's smile
She may come, I know not when
When she does I lose
So baby until then
Lock me away
And don't allow the day
Here inside where I hide
With my loneliness
I don't care what they say I won't stay
In a world without love
*


The Beatles' Paul McCartney was involved in some of the composition as Peter's sister actress Jane Asher was dating Paul , hits included "A World Without Love" (U.S. #1), "Nobody I Know," "I Don't Want To See You Again," and "Woman."





Other hits for the group included "I Go to Pieces" (U.S. #7), which was written by Del Shannon and given to the duo after the two acts toured together.  Peter and Gordon had their last hits in 1967 with "Lady Godiva" (U.S. #6), "Knight In Rusty Armour" and "Sunday for Tea."





In August 2005, Peter and Gordon reunited onstage for the first time in over 30 years, as part of two tribute concerts for Mike Smith of the Dave Clark Five in New York City. Gordon died on 17 July 2009 at the age of 64.

2 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

hello Cheah: the song " i go to pieces" brought back old memories.. the first song dedicated to me by a boy during the school days... hahhaa.. really... funny to listen back.. like.. it is just yesterday and i feel so young again.. ooopss..

CheaHSan said...

reanaclaire ~ whoa.. "when the boys meet girls!!!" haha